Bulent Kilic/AFP via Getty Images
A man prays next to the rubble of an earthquake destroyed house in Imi N'Tala village near Amizmiz, Morocco on Sept. 12, 2023.
Zohra Bensemra/ Reuters Aisha, 51, who said she lost five family members when the deadly storm hit her city, reacts as she walks past destroyed houses, in Derna, Libya on Sunday, Sept. 17, 2023.
A 6.8 earthquake, that hit Morocco on September 8th, the strongest in decades, killed and injured thousands of people, destroyed homes and livelihoods. Two days later, on September 10th, floods caused by millions of cubic meters of water that broke through two neglected dams erased large areas in Eastern Libya, caused the death of thousands, and many more are still unaccounted for.
“The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” Matthew 4:16
Let us pray:
· That the light of Jesus will shine brightly on the suffering people of Morocco and Libya so that they may see the living God and cry out to Him. “The LORD is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
· For wisdom and direction to reach the neediest and that relief will keep pouring in. Food, survival needs, shelter, medical supplies. Praise God for all the aid workers who have rallied from around the globe to help and bring relief.
· For children who have lost their parents or loved ones. Pray that the children, the lonely and suffering would find that the Lord is “A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families” Psalm 68:5-6a
· For medical teams to be guided to those who need help the most.
· For leaders of those countries to reach out to their people and provide much needed assistance everywhere including remote areas.
· For God to comfort and give hope to the suffering people, the displaced and the grieving
· For many to see visions and dreams of Jesus, the miracle worker and the lover of their souls, the Living God.